ABOUT SARDA INC.
- Search and rescue dog services to Australian Emergency Services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Specially trained dogs, handlers and their support personnel for search and rescue missions.
- Highly specialised training and education for SARDA members and their dogs.
- Information for Emergency Services personnel and the general public about the effectiveness of qualified search dogs.
- Leadership in the development and documentation of The Australian Urban Search & Rescue Canine Capability Best Practice Guideline Version 1.1 (November 2009), the national standards for search dogs.
SARDA currently has five USAR search dog teams (4 Operational-ready for deployment, 1 at Foundation Skills Assessment standard) and 3 young dogs in training.
We assist Emergency Services
Interoperability with emergency service organisations is our top priority. Our role is to support these organisations. Hence we have strong relationships with Victoria Police Dog Squad and MFB, CFA and SES emergency services. SARDA’s patron is Mr Craig Lapsley PSM, Emergency Services Commissioner for Victoria.
Our Operational Dog Teams were assessed by officers from the Victorian Police Dog Squad who are responsible for the deployment of search dogs.
We regularly undertake practical search and high angle access training with CFA fire service.
Our members undertake the USAR CAT1 Responder, theory and practical training, from qualified Fire Services personnel.
SARDA regularly participates in Emergency Service deployment exercises, expos and community days.
Please click on the Donate button to donate to this great organisation.